Saturday 27 July 2013

So grateful summer's finally here!

'Summer's Here!' by Neil Burley
As I write this, the sun is shining, the heat is getting to me, and the weatherman isn't saying it'll be raining any time soon! That must mean this is summer? Last year there was no blossom on the cherry tree at my allotment, this year there was plenty, though I now only have one cherry ripening.

The fabulous 'Blossom' digistamp from LEJ Designs (our sponsor this month) was perfect for making a summer-themed thank you card. I printed the digistamp onto my favourite coated card and coloured with Pale Pink/Burgundy/Cardinal Red and Gold ProMarkers. I used an embossing tool from the reverse to emboss the branches, some of the flowers and the flower stems, before colouring a second copy and cutting out some of the open flowers and shaping them with the embossing tool before decoupaging them onto the image. The stamens are cotton thread tied in a bundle, trimmed, coloured with the Gold ProMarker at the tips and then stuck down with matt multi-medium. I used the thank you stamp from the Gratitude clear stamp set from WOW! Embossing Powders with Burgundy Versasmall ink pad, and then printed out the quote on a colour printer to match. Everything is mounted on Bazzil Brocade cardstock onto an ivory hammered effect card.

I hope the 3D elements come across in the photo, but if not, here's a close-up to try and show it better!




1 comment:

  1. How beautiful is this card, amazing image and fabulous sentiments too xxx

    ReplyDelete