Monday 29 September 2014

Shades of One: two cards - and an oops

It's shades of colour here at The Crafting Cafe this month. And silly old me forgot this for my first make (see below) - but once I'd got back on track I made these two cards:


Using photo stock from our sponsor Scribble & Scrap, I've done shades of sepia for this one - and sort of created shades of the photo too. I used MS Word to create a background version, to which I applied a sepia and blur filter. I then used the crop tool on five more copies to select various pieces of the original image to make the thumbnails at the side. Mounted on Foundations A4 Dark Roast Coffee card from Creative Expressions, and black card, and embellished with Dark Chocolate Liquid Pearls. 6x6" hammered card blank.



Using this fantastic silhouette from our other sponsor this month, Bugaboo Stamps,  I printed two copies onto 160gsm card, sizing them to 13cm square. For the outer ring I have blended Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves Distress Inks. For the inner silhouette, I used Milled Lavender, working from the bottom of each to created the gradient. The inner ring is the second copy, raised off the first using foam pads, and with the butterfly and leaves cut round with a knife so that they can be folded up. I edged everything with either black archival ink or a black pen, and mounted it on white, (12.5cm diameter) then black card (13cm diameter) before gluing it to my card. The sentiment is from Craftwork Cards and mounted on black card and foam pads.


This is the same card technique this time with all the shades of more than one! Look at the difference with the leaves and butterfly edges when I haven't used a black pen to colour the cut edges.

Until next time, happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment