Thursday 29 January 2015

Lots of layers... must be time to do some decoupage!



'Lots of layers' has a very strong association with decoupage for me, as I'm still getting to grips with how to make a card front heavy with layers without it falling over! The 'BBrat Girl Balloon Sitter' image from our sponsors this month, Bugaboo Digi Stamps, is perfect for creating a layered decoupage. I printed four copies to an A4 sheet of my favourite coated card, and cut out and layered up each part of the image based on the foreground/background position of each element. Once everything was assembled, I coloured in with ProMarkers. Doing it this way made sure I didn't waste time and ink colouring in things that would be covered by the next layer. I then matted onto an 8x8" card blank.

With a straight on view, there's just an emphasis of the shading I did with the colour, but top down you can see the   layers a bit better. Oh, and I've learnt a bit more about matting layers without the card toppling forward - a couple of the mats are paper rather than card ;)


Until next month, happy crafting!

Neil


No comments:

Post a Comment